Saturday, October 31, 2009

Thailand Day 8

Today we just took it easy. We slept in, had a very authentic Thai lunch which I actually didn't really like and which didn't seem to like me either. It was a day of getting manicures and pedicures, smoking a hookah at a Lebanese restaurant, walking around the city for hours and getting a Foot Massage. I have to say that the foot massage is WAAAAAYYY better than a regular Thai massage. I don't know why they are not popular in the US. It's just so relaxing I want to get one every day. Another great feature of the foot massage is that an hour costs about 7 dollars.
I finished the day with some last minute shopping :) and had a delicious dinner at the hotel restaurant. Here is a little side note on Thai food:
  1. It super greasy - I have no idea how everyone is not 600 lbs.
  2. They put egg in everything
  3. It's not nearly as spicy as the Thai food in the US (This maybe because they mild it down for the tourists, I can't be sure)
I have just 20 more minutes to kill before I go to the airport. It's a very bittersweet feeling. I will miss Thailand and I really had a great time here. It was adventurous and very fun. Oh well... There will be other travels and other super long emails to keep everyone in the loop.
See you in the states

No comments:

Post a Comment