Saturday, October 24, 2009

Thailand Day 1

I landed about 14 hours ago but everything was crazy and it was late so I didn't get a chance to use the internet (o\plus 20 hour flight takes a lot of mental capacity out of you)

I got lucky enough to sit behind a screeching 2 year old on the 12 hour leg of my trip and her dad kept almost hitting me in the face with his seat since he was moving it back and forth every half an hour. Other than that the flight was very smooth and the transfers were pretty painless. After I got in and SHOWERED, we went out to the night market to walk around and then had drinks at the beer garden. I got a local SIM card so I have a cell phone number here: 08-7706-1947.

There was the whole ordeal of getting the phone unlocked which basically involved going to the biggest mall that I have ever seen in my entire life. I don’t know how anyone finds anything there. We were directed by three different people to three different stores and finally one of the guys from the store just walked us to a stand where they unlocked my phone for $9 dollars. Pretty sweet deal if I do say so myself. They apparently unlock all phones including the iPhone. Now we will go to the Grand Palace and see the Emerald Buddha and then catch our 6pm train to Chiang Mai.

I got to hear a lot about India from Masha. We should totally go at some point. She loved it. Also, the food here is incredible (although I haven't had all that much of it yet).

No comments:

Post a Comment